- Sup is defined as slang for the expression, "What's up?"
An example of Sup is what close friends say to each other in the morning at school.
- To sup is to eat a meal in the evening.
An example of sup is to eat supper or dinner.
sup definition by Webster's New World
- to eat the evening meal; have supper
- to eat for or as supper: with on: they supped on cold porridge
Origin: Middle English soupen ; from Old French souper ; from soupe, soup, origin, originally , a sop ; from Vulgar Latin suppa ; from West Germanic an unverified form suppa ; from Indo-European an unverified form seub-, variant, variety of base an unverified form seu- from source suck
Origin: Classical Latin supraabove
sup definition by American Heritage Dictionary
tr. & intr.v. supped supped, sup·ping, sups
Origin: Middle English soupen, from Old English sūpan; see seuə-2 in Indo-European roots.
intransitive verb supped supped, sup·ping, sups
Origin: Middle English soupen, from Old French souper, from soupe, soup; see soup.
- a. supplementb. supplementary
- Latin supra (above)