An example of stock in trade is all the belts and business equipment a belt kiosk in the mall as at any given time.
stock in trade
- goods kept available for sale at a store or shop
- tools, materials, etc. used in carrying on a trade or a business
- any resources, practices, or devices characteristically employed by a given person or group
also stock in trade
- All the merchandise and equipment kept on hand and used in carrying on a business.
- The resources available to and habitually called on by a person in a given situation: A ready wit is her stock-in-trade.
- Alternative spelling of stock-in-trade.
(plural stocks in trade)
- Merchandise and other necessary supplies kept on hand in order to do business.
- A technique, skill or ability habitually used by a person, group of persons, or an organization, often in the course of their business.