The shareholders held a meeting to discuss the financial report.
The definition of a shareholder is a person who owns shares in a company.
Someone who owns stock in Apple is an example of a shareholder.
One that owns a share or shares of a company or investment fund. Also called shareowner .
shareholder - Legal Definition
A person who owns one or more shares of stock in a joint-stock company or a corporation. Synonymous with stockholder.
- Its largest shareholder is the famous investing guru and philanthropist Warren Buffett, and it's main product offering is reinsurance, which helps to protect other insurance companies from financial losses.
- Businesses that are operated from a shareholder perspective focus decisions on maximizing wealth of those who have ownership interest in the organization.
- Taking a shareholder perspective often leads to creating a culture that rewards bad behavior rather that promotes doing what is right.
- You will receive account statements, tax reports, service notices, online trade confirmations, prospects, and shareholder notices.
- Research Companies: You will need to decide what company or companies in which you want to become a shareholder, or part owner.