- something operated by steam power, as a steamship or, formerly, a steam-powered automobile
- a container in which things are cooked, cleaned, etc. with steam
- a person or thing that steams
- soft-shell clam
- One that steams.
- A steamship or steamboat.
- A vehicle, machine, or engine driven by steam.
- A container in which something is steamed.
- See soft-shell clam.
- (cooking) A cooking appliance that cooks by steaming.
- A vessel in which articles are subjected to the action of steam, as in washing, and in various processes of manufacture.
- A vessel propelled by steam; a steamship or steamboat.
- A steam-powered road locomotive; a traction engine.
- A wetsuit which has long sleeves and long legs.
- A dish of steamed clams.
- Any species of the duck genus Tachyeres, of which all four species occur in South America, and three are flightless.
- (horse racing) A horse whose odds are decreasing (becoming shorter) because bettors are backing it.
- Abbreviation of steamer trunk.
From steam +"Ž -er.