- of, having to do with, or for sports, or athletic games, etc.
- interested in or taking part in sports, or athletic games, etc.
- sportsmanlike; fair
- ⌂ interested in or having to do with games, races, etc. characterized by gambling or betting
- Biol. inclined to mutate
- Used in or appropriate for sports: sporting goods.
- Characterized by sportsmanship.
- Of or associated with gambling.
- Present participle of sport.
(comparative more sporting, superlative most sporting)
- (not comparable) Pertaining to sports
- He got a job in a sporting goods store.
- (comparable) Exhibiting sportsmanship.
- Quite sporting of you to call that foul on yourself.
- (comparable) Having a reasonable chance of success.
- A sporting chance? I wouldn't call even him a long-shot?
- (comparable) Fair, generous; resilient, "˜game'.
- It was very sporting of her to let us off like that.