- the belief that the dead survive as spirits that can communicate with the living, esp. with the help of a third party (medium)
- any practice arising from this belief
- the philosophical doctrine that all reality is in essence spiritual; idealism
- spirituality; spiritual quality
See spiritualism in American Heritage Dictionary 4
a. The belief that the dead communicate with the living, as through a medium.
b. The practices or doctrines of those holding such a belief.
- A philosophy, doctrine, or religion emphasizing the spiritual aspect of being.
- spirˌi·tu·al·isˈtic adjective
Learn more about spiritualism