Spirituality is the state of having a connection to God or the spirit world.
An example of spirituality is praying every day.
- spiritual character, quality, or nature
- religious devotion or piety
- [often pl.] the rights, jurisdiction, tithes, etc. belonging to the church or to an ecclesiastic
- the fact or state of being incorporeal
- a. The state, quality, or fact of being spiritual.b. A religious belief or manner of pursuing a religious life: “the pantheistic spiritualities espoused by Wiccans and other contemporary adherents of nature religions” ( Peter Steinfels )
- The clergy.
- often spiritualities Something, such as property or revenue, that belongs to the church or to a cleric.
- The quality or state of being spiritual.
- A pleasure made for the soul, suitable to its spirituality. "” South.
- If this light be not spiritual, yet it approacheth nearest to spirituality. "” Sir Walter Raleigh.
- Much of our spirituality and comfort in public worship depends on the state of mind in which we come. "” Bickersteth.
- Concern for that which is unseen and intangible, as opposed to physical or mundane.
- Appreciation for religious values.