- artificial visual effects, either realistic or fantastic, used to create illusions in films
- the art or work of creating these illusions
- the complex mechanical devices and photographic techniques used to produce the effects
special effectsspecial effects
Special effects are visual illusions in a film or image, or the art of creating such illusions.
An example of special effects is making it seem that a person is falling off a mountain and then making that person seem to scale back up the mountain.
- plural form of special effect
special effects - Computer Definition
- He immediately began casting himself and his friends in short movies with astonishing special-effects -- usually produced for next-to-nothing.
- You can purchase additional "special-effects" markers, but the Glow Dome comes with a starter set of markers so you do not have to buy more.