- The definition of a snore is a snorting sound made when asleep caused by the vibration of the soft palate, or a snore is slang for something that is very boring.
- The snorting sound that your husband makes when you are sleeping that sends you running for the guest room is an example of a snore.
- A dull movie that you keep falling asleep during is an example of a snore.
- To snore is to make snorting and grunting sounds when sleeping.
If you make snorting and grunting sounds whenever you sleep on your back, this is an example of when you snore.
Origin: Middle English snoren: see snarl
- snorer noun
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
intransitive verb snored snored, snor·ing, snores
- The act or an instance of snoring.
- The noise so produced.
Origin: Middle English snoren, to snort, from fnoren, from Old English fnora, sneezing; see pneu- in Indo-European roots.
- snorˈer noun
snore - Medical Definition