slicker definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- ☆ a loose, waterproof coat made of oil-treated cloth
- ☆ Informal a tricky, cleverly deceptive person
Origin: slick, plush -er
slicker definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- a. A long water-repellant coat usually made of oilskin.b. A raincoat made of a glossy or shiny material, such as plastic or rubber.
- A tool for dressing hides.
- Informal A cheat; a swindler.
- Informal A person with stylish clothing and manners.