- cloth made waterproof by treatment with oil
- [often pl.] a garment or outfit made of this, as a coat, or a suit of jacket and trousers
- Cloth treated with oil to make it waterproof.
- a. A garment made of oilskin or of a synthetic waterproof material, generally used by sailors.b. or oilskins A set of such garments.
- Oilskin: The "classic open" clog (an open heel) is a traditional European clog that features a wood base and a rich, oilskin outer shell in leather.
- You won't find a lot of leather or denim here, but you will find longer lengths like the knee-length oilskin dusters.