- to slip or skid sideways, as on skis
- Aeron. to move in a sideslip
to cause to sideslip
- a slip or skid to the side
- a lateral slide or yaw during flight, caused by crosswinds, etc.
- a downward, lateral slide during a sharp bank, caused by gravity
intransitive verbside·slipped, side·slip·ping, side·slips
- To slip or skid to one side.
- To slide sideways and downward in skiing.
- To fly sideways and downward in an airplane along the lateral axis to reduce altitude without gaining speed or as the result of banking too deeply.
(third-person singular simple present sideslips, present participle sideslipping, simple past and past participle sideslipped)