She should've put on sunscreen and sat under a beach umbrella to avoid getting a sunburn.
Should've or should have is defined as something that would have been beneficial to do.
An example of should've is realizing that wearing elbow pads would have been a good idea after you've fallen off a bike.
- Eye dialect spelling of should have.
- He should've arrived earlier.
should +"Ž -'ve
- You should've thought of that before you jumped.
- "We should've seen this coming," he said, running his fingers through his hair.
- Maybe he should've felt it.
- There were sounds that should've alarmed her, the feel of hot tears on her face.
- Her gift of changing or transforming objects into others should've turned him to stone.