pl. short′iesInformal a person or thing of less than average height or size
- Derogatory A person who is short in stature.
- Informal Something of less than usual size, length, or duration, such as a wetsuit that has short sleeves and legs that end above the knee.
Of less than usual size, length, or duration: shorty gloves; a shortie nightgown.
- (informal) A short person.
- (informal) A term of endearment for a child, younger sibling, shorter person, etc.
- (slang, hip-hop) An attractive young female, especially: a girl who is "down", who is counted among close male friends and sometimes loose sexually; or, one's "girl", one's "boo"; or, a girl that a male does not know but wishes to meet.
From short +"Ž -y.