adjectiveshit·ti·er, shit·ti·est Vulgar Slang
- Of very poor quality; highly inferior.
- Contemptible; despicable.
- Unfortunate; unpleasant.
- Being in a state of discomfort or unhappiness; miserable.
- Incompetent; inept.
- Trivial; insignificant.
(comparative shittier, superlative shittiest)
- (vulgar, colloquial) Very bad; unpleasant; miserable; insignificant.
- The television I bought there was so shitty that I will never shop there again.
- I'm feeling shitty today; I don't want to go out.
- (US, vulgar, slang, not comparable) Under the influence of illicit drugs or alcohol; drunk; high.
- (UK, Australia, New Zealand, vulgar, slang) Annoyed.
- Don't get shitty at me!
- (vulgar) Covered in crap (faeces/feces).
shit +"Ž -y
Variant of shit
intransitive verbshit, shat, shitting
Origin of shitearlier shite ; from Old English scītan, akin to Dutch schijten (MLG schīten), German scheissen (OHG skīzan) ; from Germanic an unverified form skīt-, an unverified form skit-
- to discharge (excrement)
- Slang to tease or try to fool
- excrement; feces
- the act of discharging excrement
- anyone or anything thought of as being bad, disgusting, foolish, worthless, etc.
- nonsense; foolishness
- things in general; stuff
- an intoxicant or narcotic, esp. marijuana or heroin
beat the shit out ofor kick the shit out of
get one's shit together
not give a shit
not worth a shit
take a shit
when the shit hits the fan