Wheat sheaves are bundled so they can be set upright to dry out before processing.
- Bundles of wheat stalks tied together are examples of sheaves.
- Stacks of paper are examples of sheaves.
Sheaves are bundles of grain stalks, stacked lengthwise and tied together, or a collection of things gathered together.
- A case-containing several sheaves is called a block.
- Frames or blocks containing pulleys or sheaves are used in combination for lifting heavy weights.
- At harvest the corn was cut high on the stalk with short sickles and put up in sheaves, after which it was carried to the threshing-floor and there trodden out by the hoofs of oxen.
- The rope, which is guided upon sheaves between the rails, is taken twice round the head pulley.
- C, D, Sheaves carrying the endless chain of moulds.