- Shook are the parts needed for making a barrel or a packing box.
An example of shook are the wood strips, metal hoops and seals that make up a barrel.
- Shook is defined as someone or something has been moved in short, quick motions.
An example of shook is a cocktail that has been mixed in a shaker.
- a set of the pieces used in assembling a single box, cask, etc.
- a shock of grain sheaves
Origin of shookprobably variant, variety of shock
Origin of shookProbably from shook cask variant of shaken cask cask broken down for shipment from shaken dismantled and packed for transport past participle of shake to scatter, shed
- A set of pieces for making a cask or box, usually wood.
- The parts of a piece of house furniture, as a bedstead, packed together.
(third-person singular simple present shooks, present participle shooking, simple past and past participle shooked)
Compare shock (“a bundle of sheaves").