- the act of one that sheathes
- something that sheathes or encases; casing; specif., the inner covering of boards or waterproof material on the roof or outside wall of a frame house
- A layer of boards or of other wood or fiber materials applied to the outer studs, joists, and rafters of a building to strengthen the structure and serve as a base for an exterior weatherproof cladding.
- Nautical An exterior covering on the underwater part of a ship's hull that protects it against marine growths.
- The act of providing sheathing.
- Present participle of sheathe.