- Spaghetti is long strings of pasta.
An example of spaghetti is a pasta dish made of long strings of pasta and tomato sauce.
- pasta in the form of long, thin strings, cooked by boiling or steaming and served with a sauce
- Elec. an insulating tubing somewhat resembling macaroni, used for sheathing a bare wire or several insulated wires
Origin: It, plural of spaghetto, diminutive of spago, small cord
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Pasta in long, often thick strands.
- Electricity A slender tube of insulating material that covers bare wire.
Origin: Italian, pl. diminutive of spago, cord.