Ventilation shafting in a tunnel.
- An example of a shafting is a series of openings in a coal mine through which coal and air are transported.
- An example of a shafting is a group of friends suddenly ignoring one of their members.
The definition of a shafting is a system of openings to transmit motion or air, or is slang for unfair treatment.
- a system or group of shafts, as for transmitting motion or conveying air
- material for making shafts
- A system of shafts, as in a mechanical device, for transmitting motion or power.
- Material from which shafts are made.
- Slang An instance of harsh or unfair treatment: got a shafting when they bought that house.
- Present participle of shaft.
- (engineering) shafts collectively; a system of connected shafts for communicating motion