- preceded by sixteen others in a series; 17th
- designating any of the seventeen equal parts of something
Origin of seventeenthMiddle English sevententhe: see seventeen and amp; -th
- the one following the sixteenth
- any of the seventeen equal parts of something;
in the seventeenth place, rank, group, etc.
- The ordinal number matching the number 17 in a series.
- One of 17 equal parts.
English ordinal numbers may function as either an adjective or as a noun, and almost never appear in the plural.
- 17th, 17th; (in names of monarchs and popes) XVII