- an obsolete gold coin of Italy and Turkey
- a small, shiny ornament or spangle, as a metal disk, esp. one of many sewn on fabric for decoration
Origin of sequinFrench from Italian zecchino from zecca, a mint from Arabic sikka, stamp, die
- A small shiny ornamental disk, often sewn on cloth; a spangle.
- A gold coin of the Venetian Republic. Also called zecchino .
transitive verbse·quined, se·quin·ing, se·quins
To affix sequins to (a garment, for example).
Origin of sequinFrench from Old French Venetian coin from Italian zecchino from zecca mint from Arabic sikka coin die from sakka to close, coin skk
- (historical) Any of various small gold coins minted in Italy and Turkey.
- A sparkling spangle used for the decoration of ornate clothing.