- an electronic device or software program that allows a sequence of musical sounds, recorded in digital form, to be altered before being played back
- Biochem. a complex device designed to automate the process of sequencing chemical base pairs in a strand of DNA
Origin of sequencer; from sequence ()
One that sequences, as:
a. An electronic device or software program that can be instructed to order and modify digitally stored musical sounds for playback, as through a synthesizer.
b. An apparatus for determining the order of constituents in a biological polymer, usually DNA or protein. In this sense also called sequenator.
- Any device that activates or deactivates the components of a machine or system according to a preplanned sequence (as in a washing machine, or central heating system).
- A device or system that orders and/or modifies digitally stored music and sound for playback.
- a MIDI sequencer
- A device for determining the sequence of monomers in a polymer, especially amino acids in protein, or bases in DNA.
- A control device to increase/decrease the capacity of plant that is enabled to act in a specific order or sequence.
sequence +"Ž -er