Stan did not determine his self worth by his professional track career, but by his volunteer youth running club that he started in his community.
An example of self worth is your belief that you are a good person who deserves good things or your belief that you are a bad person who deserves bad things.
- The value one assigns to oneself or one's abilities in self assessment.
- Recognizing one's self-worth is a necessary step to respecting the worth of others.
self- +"Ž worth
- Regardless of studies, children gain a sense of security, discipline, and self-worth when parents set understandable and consistent boundaries that lead to logical consequences when breached.
- Education takes personal commitment, time, and effort, so it makes sense that increased self-worth and satisfaction are among the most personal advantages of earning a college degree.
- The badge system encourages girls to develop qualities such as social conscience, strong values, leadership and self-worth as well as a dedication to the community.
- Friendships develop and seniors gain a sense of accomplishment and feelings of self-worth that may have been overridden by feelings of loneliness and depression.
- In today's consumer culture, there is a tremendous pressure to buy merchandise you can't afford and to define your sense of self-worth by superficial factors.