A self propelled pool cleaner helps keep debris like leaves and dirt from collecting at the bottom.
An example of self propelled is a lawnmower that draws from its own power to go up hills and to move along the grass.
- Containing its own means of propulsion: a self-propelled golf cart.
- Fired from or mounted on a moving vehicle: a self-propelled howitzer.
- Having its own means of propulsion that moves with it.
- The earliest vehicle on record is a self-propelled road vehicle, powered by a steam engine and built for the French army by Nicolas-Joseph Cugnot in 1769.
- Two more men in blue appeared, trailed by two in pale red leading a self-propelled gurney.
- She hurried to her greencar, trailed by the self-propelled suitcase.