- The definition of automotive is moved by a self-contained motor or engine or something that has to do with automobiles.
A car is an example of something that is automotive.
automotive definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- moving by means of its own power; self-moving
- of or having to do with automobiles or other motor vehicles
Origin: auto- plush -motive
automotive definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Moving by itself; self-propelling or self-propelled.
- Of or relating to self-propelled vehicles.