- The definition of seditious is a person, group or words that urge people to rebel against the government or other authority.
An example of seditious is Corazon Aquino, who led a revolution in the Philippines.
- of, like, or constituting sedition
- inclined toward or engaging in sedition
Origin: Middle English cedicious from Middle French seditieux from Classical Latin seditiosus
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Of, relating to, or having the nature of sedition.
- Given to or guilty of engaging in or promoting sedition. See Synonyms at insubordinate.
- se·diˈtious·ly adverb
- se·diˈtious·ness noun