- The definition of seditious is a person, group or words that urge people to rebel against the government or other authority.
An example of seditious is Corazon Aquino, who led a revolution in the Philippines.
- of, like, or constituting sedition
- inclined toward or engaging in sedition
Origin of seditiousMiddle English cedicious ; from Middle French seditieux ; from Classical Latin seditiosus
- Of, relating to, or having the nature of sedition: seditious speech.
- Given to, engaging in, or promoting sedition. See Synonyms at insubordinate.