- Present participle of scrabble.
- A sound or motion that scrabbles.
Variant of scrabble
intransitive verbscrabbled, scrabbling
- to scratch, scrape, or paw as though looking for something
- to struggle
- to scribble; make meaningless marks
Origin of scrabbleDutch schrabbelen ; from schrabben, to scrape: for Indo-European base see scrape
- to scrape together quickly
- to scribble
- to scribble on
- a scraping with the hands or paws
- a scramble
- a scribble; scrawl
- a struggle
a word game played with lettered tiles placed as in a crossword puzzle