scientific methodscientific method
- Ask a question to define the problem or issue you wish to resolve.
- Do background research to learn what others have discovered about your topic.
- Construct a hypothesis to determine how you think your questions should be answered.
- Test your hypothesis by conducting an experiment.
- Analyze the data you have collected during the experiment.
- Formulate a conclusion based on your research and the data you’ve gathered from your experiment.
- Communicate your results to others who have an interest in the topic.
Scientific method is a well documented, carefully controlled experiment that applies logic, order, and critical thinking skills to solving problems and finding new information.
Steps to the Scientific Method
An example of scientific method is a very detailed step by step list of what must be considered and done when changing a lightbulb.
(plural scientific methods) (generally referred to in the definite, as the scientific method)
- scientific methodology