- Salience is defined as the state of being important or conspicuous.
The importance of a given statement is an example of the salience of the statement.
nounpl. sa·li·en·ces also sa·li·en·cies
- The quality or condition of being salient.
- A pronounced feature or part; a highlight.
Variant of salient
- leaping, jumping, or capering
- gushing or jetting forth
- pointing outward; jutting or projecting, as an angle
- standing out from the rest; noticeable; conspicuous; prominent
Origin of salientClassical Latin saliens, present participle of salire, to leap ; from Indo-European base an unverified form sel-, to jump from source Classical Greek halma, a leap
- the part of a battle line, trench, fort, etc. which projects farthest toward the enemy
- a salient angle, part, etc.