- Obs. a person who makes a round or rounds, as a watchman
- a person or thing that rounds; specif., a tool for rounding corners or edges
- [pl., with sing. v.] a British game somewhat like baseball
Origin of rounderfrom the idea of making the rounds of bars, and the likeInformal a dissolute person or drunkard
The hopeless, town rounder usually ended up in jail at least a few times per month.
- Rounder is defined as someone who is frequently drunk or shows immoral or improper conduct.
An example of a rounder is an alcoholic.
- The definition of a rounder is a tool for softening or rounding edges.
An example of a rounder is a saw that trims corners to rounded edges.
- One that rounds, especially a tool for rounding corners and edges.
- One, such as a security guard, who makes rounds.
- A dissolute person.
- Sports a. A boxing match that goes on for a specified number of rounds. Often used in combination: a five-rounder.b. rounders used with a sing. verb An English ball game similar to baseball.
- A Methodist preacher traveling a circuit, also referred to as a circuit rider.
- A railroad man who worked at a roundhouse, operating the turntable.
- A person who earns a living by playing cards.
- A person who makes the rounds of bars, saloons, and similar establishments; figuratively, a debaucher or rouÃ©
- One who rounds; one who comes about frequently or regularly.
- A tool for making an edge or surface round.
- The squared edges of the frame will make them look especially balanced against rounder features, though they're not so angular that those with more chiseled features could never wear them.
- Whereas the original Nintendo had square controllers with only two buttons, the Super Nintendo went for a rounder, more comfortable design, and brought the button count up to six.
- If she appears a little rounder in these pictures than her fans have seen her before, it is because she put on an extra seventeen pounds for her role in the musical film Nine.
- The design of the smaller, rounder Super Famicom of Japan was used for European versions as well, whereas Americans received a boxier, more rigid looking Super Nintendo.
- For a modern twist on traditional color blocking, try using increased margins between elements or using a corner rounder on the edges of your background blocks.