- Rounder is defined as someone who is frequently drunk or shows immoral or improper conduct.
An example of a rounder is an alcoholic.
- The definition of a rounder is a tool for softening or rounding edges.
An example of a rounder is a saw that trims corners to rounded edges.
- Obs. a person who makes a round or rounds, as a watchman
- a person or thing that rounds; specif., a tool for rounding corners or edges
- [pl., with sing. v.] a British game somewhat like baseball
Origin of rounderfrom the idea of making the rounds of bars, and the likeInformal a dissolute person or drunkard
- One that rounds, especially a tool for rounding corners and edges.
- One, such as a security guard, who makes rounds.
- A dissolute person.
- Sports a. A boxing match that goes on for a specified number of rounds. Often used in combination: a five-rounder.b. rounders used with a sing. verb An English ball game similar to baseball.
- A Methodist preacher traveling a circuit, also referred to as a circuit rider.
- A railroad man who worked at a roundhouse, operating the turntable.
- A person who earns a living by playing cards.
- A person who makes the rounds of bars, saloons, and similar establishments; figuratively, a debaucher or rouÃ©
- One who rounds; one who comes about frequently or regularly.
- A tool for making an edge or surface round.