- Lacking a roof.
- Having no home or shelter; homeless or destitute.
Variant of roof
- the outside top covering of a building
- figuratively, a house or home
- the top or peak of anything: the roof of the world
- anything like a roof in position or use: the roof of the mouth
Origin: Middle English rof from Old English hrof, akin to ON, roof, shed from Indo-European base an unverified form rapo- from source Old Church Slavonic stropŭ, roof
- roofless adjective
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.