- that can or may be returned
- that must be returned, as a court writ
a container, esp. a glass bottle as for beer or a soft drink, on which a refundable deposit is paid and which can be returned for reuse
- Capable of being returned or brought back: returnable bottles and cans; returnable merchandise.
- Law Required to be returned within a specified time: a returnable writ.
An empty beverage container that may be returned for refund of a deposit.
- Capable of being returned.
- Something that is returnable.
- We'll have to take our returnables in soon; we're running out of space.