Relayed is defined as you received and passed on information or that you passed on a message.verb
When you are told to tell your mom that Sue called, and you then tell your mom that Sue called, this is an example of a situation where you relayed a message.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
Variant of relay
- a fresh supply of dogs, horses, etc. kept in readiness to relieve others in a hunt, on a journey, etc.
- a crew of workers relieving others at work; shift
- relay race
- any of the legs, or laps, of a relay race
- an act or instance of conveying or transmitting by or as by relays
- Electronics an electromagnetic or electronic switching device activated by a signal and usually used to control a large current or to activate another device or circuit
Origin: ME relai < MFr relais, pl., orig., hounds kept as reserves at points along the course of a hunt < relaier, to leave behind < re- (see re-) + laier, to leave, let: see delay
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.