- Present participle of referee.
- the peer review process
Variant of referee
- a person to whom something is referred for decision
- an official who enforces the rules in certain sports contests; specif., the chief official in a football game
- Law a person appointed by a court to study, take testimony in, judge, and report on, a matter
- an academic authority who examines and evaluates an article, book, etc. with regard to its fitness for publication
- Brit. a person, esp. one with good credentials, given as a reference in seeking employment