transitive verb recycled, recycling
- to pass through a cycle or part of a cycle again, as for checking, treating, etc.
- to use again and again, as a single supply of water in cooling, washing, diluting, etc.
- to treat or process in order to use again: recycle aluminum cans
- to gather up and turn in (empty bottles and cans, old newspapers, etc.) to be so treated or processed
- to alter or adapt to a new use or function: recycle an old tenement into condominiums
- to use again; bring back; reuse: recycle a speech from a previous campaign