recovery[ri kuv′ər ē]
Recovery is the regaining or returning of something.
An example of recovery is someone getting healthy after being sick.
- the act or an instance of recovering; specif.,
- a regaining of something lost or stolen
- a return to health, consciousness, etc.
- a regaining of balance, control, composure, etc.
- a retrieval of a capsule, nose cone, etc. after a spaceflight or launch
- the removal of valuable substances from waste material, byproducts, etc.
- Sports a return to a position of guard, readiness, etc., as after a lunge in fencing or a stroke in rowing
- a process of attempting to change dysfunctional behavior, as by abstaining from an addictive substance: an alcoholic in recovery
Origin of recoveryMiddle English recoverie ; from Anglo-French
- The act, process, duration, or an instance of recovering.
- A return to a normal or healthy condition.
- The act of obtaining usable substances from unusable sources.
recovery - Computer Definition
recovery - Investment & Finance Definition
An upward movement in prices after a sustained period of downward price movement.
recovery - Legal Definition
The getting back of something that was taken away; the amount awarded by a decree or judgment; the establishment by a court of a right to something by decree or judgment of a court.