Variant of recovery
noun pl. recoveries
- the act or an instance of recovering; specif.,
- a regaining of something lost or stolen
- a return to health, consciousness, etc.
- a regaining of balance, control, composure, etc.
- a retrieval of a capsule, nose cone, etc. after a spaceflight or launch
- the removal of valuable substances from waste material, byproducts, etc.
- Sports a return to a position of guard, readiness, etc., as after a lunge in fencing or a stroke in rowing
- a process of attempting to change dysfunctional behavior, as by abstaining from an addictive substance: an alcoholic in recovery
Origin: Middle English recoverie ; from Anglo-French