A lush rainforest.
Rainforest is defined as a dense, green, moist forest with at least 160 inches of rain each year that is mostly found in the tropics.
An example of a rainforest is the Brazilian rainforest.
a dense, evergreen forest, often, specif., one in a tropical region, having abundant rainfall throughout the year
also written rain forest
or rain forest
A dense evergreen forest with a minimum annual rainfall of approximately 180 centimeters (71 inches). Rainforests are found chiefly in the tropics but also occur in temperate regions, where the rainfall amount is somewhat lower.
- At Kericho we had the opportunity to walk in the Kakamega tropical rainforest, and looked at tea plantation agriculture.
- Chocolate Cups - All of these chocolate cups and the new Signature Series chocolate bars are made from organic cocoa beans certified organic by the USDA and the Rainforest Alliance.
- From a bubbling brook to the rustling leaves of a rainforest, sometimes you just need to return to nature to ground yourself, find peace, and relieve yourself of worldly stresses.
- In addition to the gorgeous beaches, the state also offers a number of other attractions free of charge, including the Pana'ewa Rainforest Zoo located on the Big Island of Hawaii.
- The acai fruit is native to the Amazon rainforest and is said to taste like a mixture of sweet berries and dark chocolate; you can buy it in its raw form, as a juice or as a pill.