- plural form of protocol
- An example of protocols are the ways that a business meeting should start.
- An example of protocols are first drafts of new amendments.
- An example of protocols are a series of development rules about how to create flash drives.
Protocols are expected actions of etiquette and conduct, first drafts or copies of something or technology standards and practices that allow companies to work with each other and in larger groups.
- On the Arab conquest of Egypt in the 7th century, the manufacture was continued, and the protocols were marked at first, as it appears, with inscriptions in both Greek and Arabic, and later in the latter language alone.
- An agreement with Great Britain (February 1888) fixed the southern limits of the protectorate; protocols with Italy (January 1900 and July 1901) the northern limits.
- By three several protocols signed Germ n at Washington in February 1903, it was agreed that Italy certain claims by Great Britain, Germany and Italy, on Versus behalf of their respective subjects against the Venezuelan government should be referred to three mixed commissions, and that for the purpose of securing the payment of these claims 30% of the customs revenues at the ports of La Guayra and Puerto Caballo should be remitted in monthly instalments to the representative of the Bank of England at Caracas.
- By three protocols signed at Tokyo in August 1902 this question was agreed to be submitted to arbitrators, members of the court at the Hague, one to be chosen by each party with power to name an umpire.
- The protocols and the judgment were drawn up in French accompanied by an official English translation.