- An example of professionalism is a lawyer who shows the skill customary for an attorney.
- An example of professionalism is a business person who is dressed in a suit and tie, has good manners and shows good business sense.
Professionalism is skill or behavior that goes beyond what an ordinary person would have or behaving in a more formal or business-like manner.
- professional quality, status, etc.
- the use of professional players in organized sports
- Professional status, methods, character, or standards.
- The use of professional performers, as in athletics or in the arts.