- the rank, dignity, or jurisdiction of a prince
- the territory ruled by a prince
- a country with which a prince's title is identified
Origin of principalityMiddle English principalite from Old French from Late Latin principalitas
- A territory ruled by a prince or princess or from which such a title is derived.
- The position, authority, or jurisdiction of a prince or princess; sovereignty.
- principalities Christianity The seventh of the nine orders of angels in medieval angelology. Also called princedoms .