- the office or function of president
- the term during which a president is in office
- ⌂ the office of President of the U.S.
- ⌂ Mormon Ch.
- a council of three with local jurisdiction
- a council of three that is the highest administrative bodyalso First Presidency
- Historical any of the three original provinces of British India
Origin of presidencyMedieval Latin praesidentia ; from Classical Latin praesidens: see president
- The office, function, or term of a president.
- a. The office of president of a republic.b. The office of the president of the United States.
- Mormon Church a. A governing body on a local level consisting of three men.b. The chief administrative body of the church.
- The office or role of president.
- After many years as a party leader, she finally ascended to the presidency.
- The bureaucratic organization and governmental initiatives devolving directly from the president.
- Because of the president's lame duck status, the presidency was often hampered by congressional actions.
- The time during which one is president; a president's term of office.
- In France, a presidency lasts for five years.
- Ernest was a historian specializing in the presidency of Herbert Hoover.
From Medieval Latin praesidentia.