Variant of prescribe
- to set down as a rule or direction; order; ordain; direct
- to order or advise as a medicine or treatment: said of physicians, etc.
- Law to invalidate or outlaw by negative prescription
Origin: L praescribere < prae-, before + scribere, to write: see pre- & scribe
- to set down or impose rules; dictate
- to give medical advice or prescriptions
- to claim a right or title through long use or possession
- to become invalidated or outlawed by negative prescription
- prescriber noun
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.