- Predispose is defined as to make likely do get something or do something.
- An example of predispose is to have a bad immune system that makes you likely to catch colds.
- An example of predispose is to have a family of athletes making it more likely to succeed in sports.
verbpre·dis·posed, pre·dis·pos·ing, pre·dis·pos·es
- To make (someone) inclined to something in advance: His good manners predispose people in his favor.
- To make susceptible or liable: conditions that predispose miners to lung disease.
To provide an inclination or susceptibility: a genetic trait that predisposes to the development of cancer.
(third-person singular simple present predisposes, present participle predisposing, simple past and past participle predisposed)