- Planking is the act of laying thick boards to build a platform or structure.
An example of planking is building a wooden deck.
- Planking is defined as laying your body on top of an object and balancing there, while stretched out and stiffened, usually while a photo is taken.
An example of planking is balancing on top of a rock to have your photo taken.
planking definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- the act of laying planks
- planks in quantity
- the planks of a structure
planking definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Planks considered as a group.
- An object or structure made of planks.