- simple past tense and past participle of patronize
Even though John's tone of voice was kind, Alice felt patronized when he pointed out her spelling mistake.
- An example of patronized is a boss using condescending tones while helping a worker understand the copy machine.
- An example of patronized is having bought a pizza at the same restaurant for years.
Patronized is defined as you put someone down even while being kind, or to be a customer of a business.
- He patronized learning.
- After 1655 he was employed and patronized by the Hon.
- Marie Antoinette warmly patronized him.
- On his return he settled in Edinburgh; and, having attracted attention by his head of Forbes of Culloden and his full-length of the duke of Argyll, he removed to London, where he was patronized by the duke of Bridgewater.
- Was fond of poetry and patronized men of letters.