The patriarchal reign of King Henry VIII brought about the Protestant Reformation.
An example of patriarchal is England being run by King Henry the VIII.
- Of, relating to, or characteristic of a patriarch.
- Of or relating to a patriarchy: a patriarchal social system.
- Ruled by a patriarch: a patriarchal see.
(comparative more patriarchal, superlative most patriarchal)
patriarch +"Ž -al
- Nor did she neglect the scenes of patriarchal history.
- The second was patriarchal and of a strictly territorial nature.
- The badge is a green enamelled cross with gold borders, suspended from the Hungarian crown; the red enamelled medallion in the centre of the cross bears a white patriarchal cross issuing from a coroneted green mound; on either side of the cross are the letters M.T.
- Opinion is at variance regarding the patriarchal narratives as a whole.
- - These may be briefly referred to under the following aspects: (a) Codified law and the written record of the patriarchal history, as well as the life and work of the lawgiver Moses (to whom the entire body of law came to be ascribed), assumed an ever greater importance.