- a thin, flat cake of batter fried on a griddle or in a pan; griddlecake; flapjack: typically served in a stack
- an emergency landing in which an airplane levels off higher than for a normal landing, stalls, then drops almost verticallyin full pancake landing
- ⌂ pancake makeup
- to make a pancake landing
- to collapse by falling onto stories or levels below: said as of the floors of a multistory building
- to undergo such a collapse: said as of a multistory building
to cause (an airplane) to make a pancake landing
A thin cake made of batter that is poured onto a hot greased surface and cooked on both sides until brown. Also called flannel cake, flapjack, griddlecake, hotcake; also called regionally battercake.
verbpan·caked, pan·cak·ing, pan·cakes
To cause (an aircraft) to make a pancake landing.
- To make a pancake landing.
- To fall flat to the ground with great force, especially to collapse in such a way that higher floors or structures fall directly on the ones beneath.
- A surname.