The definition of a crepe is a very thin pancake or a very thin fabric.noun
- An example of a crepe is a thin pancake rolled around a filling of mixed fruit.
- An example of crepe is the thin silk fabric used in funeral decoration.
- a thin, crinkled cloth of silk, rayon, cotton, wool, etc.; crape
- crape (sense )
- crepe rubber
- a very thin pancake, generally served rolled up or folded with a filling: usually sp. crêpe
Origin: Fr crêpe < L crispus: see crisp
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- A light soft thin fabric of silk, cotton, wool, or another fiber, with a crinkled surface. Also called crape.
- See crape.
- Crepe paper.
- Crepe rubber.
- also A very thin small pancake, often stuffed and rolled up.
Origin: French crêpe, from Old French crespe, curly, from Latin crispus; see sker-2 in Indo-European roots.