- The definition of a crepe is a very thin pancake or a very thin fabric.
- An example of a crepe is a thin pancake rolled around a filling of mixed fruit.
- An example of crepe is the thin silk fabric used in funeral decoration.
crepe definition by Webster's New World
- a thin, crinkled cloth of silk, rayon, cotton, wool, etc.; crape
- crape (sense )
- crepe rubber
- a very thin pancake, generally served rolled up or folded with a filling: usually sp. crêpe
Origin: French crêpe ; from Classical Latin crispus: see crisp
crepe definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- A light soft thin fabric of silk, cotton, wool, or another fiber, with a crinkled surface. Also called crape.
- See crape.
- Crepe paper.
- Crepe rubber.
- also A very thin small pancake, often stuffed and rolled up.
Origin: French crêpe, from Old French crespe, curly, from Latin crispus; see sker-2 in Indo-European roots.