Crepes served with strawberries.
- The definition of a crepe is a very thin pancake or a very thin fabric.
- An example of a crepe is a thin pancake rolled around a filling of mixed fruit.
- An example of crepe is the thin silk fabric used in funeral decoration.
- a thin, crinkled cloth of silk, rayon, cotton, wool, etc.; crape
- crape (sense )
- crepe rubber
- a very thin pancake, generally served rolled up or folded with a filling: usually sp. crêpe
Origin of crepeFrench crêpe ; from Classical Latin crispus: see crisp
- A light soft thin fabric of silk, cotton, wool, or another fiber, with a crinkled surface. Also called crape.
- See crape.
- Crepe paper.
- Crepe rubber.
- A very thin pancake, often stuffed and rolled up.
Origin of crepeFrench crêpe, from Old French crespe, curly, from Latin crispus; see sker-2 in Indo-European roots.
- A soft thin light fabric with a crinkled surface.
- A very thin pancake.
- crepe paper
- Rubber in sheets used especially for shoe soles.
- The policeman wore crepe-soled shoes.
- (Ireland) A death notice printed on white card with a background of black crepe paper or cloth, placed on a the door of a residence or business.